Back to School
We are excited to begin the new school year with your child and their peers!
Attendance and wellness are very important factors in your child's academic success. We consider your child's safety, wellness, nutrition and education our highest priorities. However, we must work together with you to best meet your child's needs. Please review the information below to help your child have a very successful school year.
School Starts August 22
BACK 2 SCHOOL NORTH TULSA PARENT AND COMMUNITY ENRICHMENT EXTRAVAGANZA
WHAT'S BECOME AN ANNUAL TRADITION IS GEARING UP AGAIN NEW AND IMPROVED—A FORM OF ONE-STOP SHOPPING FOR THE NORTH TULSA COMMUNITY. IF IT'S RELATED TO THE HEALTH AND WELL BEING OF A CHILD, YOU'LL MOST LIKELY FIND IT HERE.
The Back 2 School North Tulsa Parent and Community Enrichment Extravaganza is August 19 at McLain High School and runs the gamut from information about McLain and its feeder schools to free immunizations (and a whole lot in between).
The extravaganza is now in its sixth year and this time around there's an increased emphasis placed on planning for the future, especially college.
Also the extravaganza, school supplies generated by FOX23 during the station's recent Stuff the Bus campaign will available free of charge.
Nearly two-thousand people attended last year's extravaganza. The community-wide event includes everything from door prizes and school supplies to one-on-one sessions with area educators. Want to meet your child's new principal? Here's your chance.
Entertainment will be provided by local organizations that draw their participants from the community.
In addition, the first 100 children through the doors receive a free backpack. Want a little exercise? Various coaches will be on hand to assist with a basketball shoot-out competition for middle and high students.
- Find your bus
- Attendance/Bell Times
- Stay Connected
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Student Grades & Records
- School Safety
- Behavior Guide
- Early pick up from school
- Cell Phones And Electronic Devices
How do I determine which school my child should attend?
- Enter your home address into Find My Address.
To determine the correct bus stop for your child:
- Visit Bus Routes.
- Select your child’s school and find the stop closest to your home.
Who do I call if my child has not returned home from school on time?
- First call your child’s school
- If you do not get an answer, call transportation at 918-833-8100
- Note: buses may run 10-minutes after the posted stop time
Who do talk to about transportation for students with special needs?
- Call our special needs transportation representative at 918-833-8148 or email@example.com.
- Note: There is a 3-5 day processing window for all new applications
TPS students in grades 9-12 can ride Metropolitan Tulsa Transit Authority buses for free any day of the week. Students must present a valid TPS student I.D. Check times using the MTTA Trip Planner at www.tulsatransit.org. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 918-582-2100 for additional information.
- Uniforms are required in all schools.
- Each school has unique uniform requirements. Click here to see the uniform policy for McLain.
- Contact the school counselor if you need assistance getting uniforms.
The district and your school use various social media and other communications tools to keep you informed and involved.
- Visit your school's website for their social media channels.
- Install the SchoolWay app on your smartphone to receive timely notifications from your selected district, school(s), school organizations, teachers, etc.
- Follow the district's social media channels.
To view your child’s grades, attendance and other information:
- Parents - Student Grades
- Select “Create Account” and provide requested information
- Sign in using your created account and password
- Student data, including class schedules, will be available Aug 22.
To request a transcript, visit Student Records/Transcripts.
- Visit School Safety
- Includes TIPS for reporting an incident, school emergency procedures and more.
- Make sure your child's school has your accurate emergency contact information.
- Please obey traffic signs and stay alert when driving in a school zone.
Cell Phone & Electronics Use
Students are allowed to use their phones before school, during passing periods, lunch, and after school. However, there are NO phones allowed in the classroom. In the case that students are using a cell phone the following will occur for each offense:
- 1st time - Teacher will log cell phone usage and call home to notify the parent/guardian of the issue.
- 2nd time - The cell phone will be confiscated, and the student will call home to notify their parent/guardian. A parent/guardian must pick up the phone.
- 3rd offense - Detention
- 4th offense - TRAICE
- More than 4 offenses - Suspension & Parent Meeting